Saturday, March 10, 2012

Saturday Snapshot - Spring is around the corner!

I was really hoping to post the before and after photos of my bathroom renovation. Sadly, they are still not done. There has been delay after delay after delay and there's still a few things that need to be done, like some touch-up painting. I'm still hoping one day soon, it'll be done. I'm not holding my breath, though. :(

Anyway, instead I thought I'd take a photo of our wintery yard because if the weather forecasters are correct, it's all about to change. This morning was -7C/19F ("feels like"/windchill temp -13/9F). That's pretty typical for a early March morning. Nice, but definitely more winter than spring. According to The Weather Network, spring is on its way. No, really!

The forecasted weather for this week:
Today 3C/37F (It's already 5C)
Sunday 5C/41F
Monday 7C/44F
Tuesday 10C/50F
Wednesday 9C/48F
Thursday 15C/59F
Friday 17C/62F
Saturday 20+C/68+F

That may seem cold to some of you in the southern US or other parts around the world, but to us it's going to be a glorious week. Very quick melts like this are usually a bad sign. If the ground is still frozen (and it will be) and the water has no where to go (and it won't), there's a risk of overland flooding. Blah, blah, blah. I'm not going to think of that now. I'm going to rejoice that warmer weather is on the way!

So here are the photos of the back yard and front yard as of 1pm today:



















Hopefully, next week I'll post ones that look very different...with all or most of the snow gone...at least temporarily. We sometimes get snow in April and/or May. Blah, blah, blah. Again, I'm not going to think about that right now.  I'm going to be too busy putting away my parka and snow boots and breaking out my flip flops and sun screen.

Stand back, Winter. Spring is on the way!

Saturday Snapshot is hosted by Alyce of At Home With Books. To participate – post a picture that you've taken (or one taken by a friend, or a family member) then add your link on Alyce’s site using Mr. Linky.

11 comments:

  1. Sounds like you are more than ready to put winter behind you. Great shots!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great shots!
    What a beautiful view you have!
    I'm ready for spring too. The snow is gone, but we have some cold nights.
    Mette

    ReplyDelete
  3. That will all look lovely once the green starts to sprout!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I lived in Canada for 2 years in the 80s and I remember waiting impatiently for spring after 8 months of snow on the ground. You do get rewarded with such astonishing greens though. Enjoy your sneak preview.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely shots - I will keep my fingers crossed for you that Spring comes visiting this week.

    ReplyDelete
  6. We are going to be warm here this coming week too, those big piles of snow are sure to melt.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I expect we'll have snow piles for a while still too. Great shots. Get those flip flops out.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Haha, those definitely sound like cold temperatures to me! But that's the California perspective, I guess...

    ReplyDelete
  9. We had snow a week or so ago and it's all gone now -- yours will be too I am sure:)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Pretty, but it does look cold. I hope your spring weather has arrived today.

    We had a big warm up in Chicago and it's supposed to last all week. My annuals are popping their leaves up and there's no mulching them back down now so I hope it stays warm for good.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow, that is going to be a huge change in the weather!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your comment. I really appreciate it. Unfortunately, I've been getting lots of spam comments, so I'm turning on word verification to help keep spammers away. I know it's a pain; I don't like it either. Hopefully, in time I'll be able to turn it off again. Thank you!